Friday 24 August 2007

P45

So just over a week to go until I'm officially a student. In the last few days I've received my reading list and spent hours on ebay acquiring the recommended texts. Also have back my CRB check certificate a.k.a. police check to ensure I'm OK to work with children. Today I received my P45 and final pay statement from Harrods, very odd to think that the next pay slip I'll received will (fingers crossed) be as a qualified teacher. Thankfully I have received a couple of weeks accrued holiday pay which will come in extremely handy as we have to pay 2 weeks nursery fees up front, not to mention that the car desperately needs servicing!! The student loans forms are also through, would have been helpful to have got more of a grant but unless you're a complete benefits scrounger then you have to try and survive on peanuts. Seems a bit unfair that you can't get more help with childcare but it's a case of like it or lump it.
Will be sad to see less of the Southwark Babes in the coming months but I guess I'll have to make more of a effort to keep in touch with "Jacobs Posse" as slowing but surely all the mums are drifting back to the work of work and rediscovering that they do indeed still have an identity in their own right.
So here's to a successful settling in period at nursery next week, watch this space..........

No comments: